Saturday, August 27, 2011

Little House, How I Love Thee!

I have been in my little house a few days. To say that I am in love with my house is a vast understatement! I seriously LOVE my little house. I adore it!

The location is pretty spectacular as well. I have my own little corner of the world over here. I can hear the birds singing, and wind blowing through the trees, and other than the occasional airplane I do not hear a whole lot else. [Unless you count the 20 huskamutes/malamutes from the dog rescue that howl when someone is at the gate]

Riley is feeling right at home too. Though I think he is a bit upset he cannot climb the ladder upstairs on his own. He whined at me the other day and was trying to climb it. However, he is not a graceful creature and did not get too far. [Riley blames his lack of opposable thumbs.]

Since I moved in, I have slowly been bringing stuff in from the old house. I do not have a closet, so the shower space has become storage, but surprisingly, I am less attached to my stuff than I thought. So it has stayed fairly uncluttered in here.

There are three windows and two doors that open on the bottom half of the Fortune Cookie. The weather has been phenomenal this last week, so I have been able to leave them open most of the time. This makes for a really well lit and open space.

My best friend Kim came over for a couple days to hang out. She stayed the night and had her air mattress with her. As I do not have any furniture in here yet, she knew she could set it up without issue. Upon setting it up, we realized that it took over the entire 'living' room.

It has been fun just getting settled in. I have been having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment