Friday, June 10, 2011

The Beginning

I knew something had to change. I was nearing my eighth year working for a major bank. I detested the job and the companies business practices. I worked nights as well as every weekend.

I owned a home that I had purchased at one of the worst moments possible, right before the housing crash. To help pay for the mortgage I rented out rooms in the house and I lived in the garage.

I realized after buying the house, that I did not want to own it. It was too big for my personal needs. Additionally, my income did not allow for it. I had to work a lot of overtime to make the payments and to have additional funds. So between my normal working hours and overtime, I did not have much of a social life.

My parents were proud, their daughter was under 30, had a job at a major bank and owned a home.

So why wasn't I happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment