Monday, June 13, 2011

The Idea Realized, Part Three

Well, time passes. Chase and Adelle made their summer loop and asked if they could hang out in my yard for a bit between stops. Excited to get to know the two better, I agreed. As a side note: Adelle makes a wicked cup of hot chocolate and the best pineapple pie you will ever put in your face.

So, inquisitive creature that I am, I ask Chase and Adelle individually how they like living out of a 20x8 castle and being on the road. Chase sings the praises, he loves it, he is concerned that Adelle will want to set down roots soon.

Adelle is hesitant, she agreed to do this for about 5 years, that time frame is almost up. She wants to set down roots again, she is afraid that Chase will not. Long story short, they were both right.

A year after that, Chase and Adelle split. Chase turned in the castle for a bus. A short bus no less. He keeps up his road tripping lifestyle. He telecommutes full time for a company on the East Coast. My envy literally seeps out my pores.

I start talking to my best friend, Kim, she is starting to get the same itch, she wants to travel too. This is totally a win/win. I am single, she is single. Neither of us have kids, we can totally do this! After meeting Chase, she is fixated on the bus idea. I admit, it is a pretty awesome idea, especially if you get it to run on veggie oil.

We get into serious talks about how to make this happen. She has the money to buy a bus. I realize that both of us living in the bus, the short bus, might be a bit tight. So I decide that with her bus, I could tow my tiny house. She concurs that that would totally work.

No comments:

Post a Comment