Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Idea Realized

I have come to observe that I have to let ideas take root before I will give them credence. Partially due to what I call my 'Oh Shiny!' complex. So I try to allot myself a period of time where I ponder and/or drool about something before acting on it, best I can.

I have participated in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) for about 13 years, and have aspired to having a gypsy persona. In light of this, I have had a fascination with Gypsy Vardos for years. I thought about building one so that I could have a comfy place to lay my head when running off to wars and tourneys of all sorts. However, I always felt it was a bit of a pipe dream.

Fast forward to my tiny house notion, then back to my vardo concept. I realized I really wanted to marry the two ideas. Who said that my tiny house could not be a vardo? I mean, that sounds like a fantastic idea! Then realized I put myself almost back at square one.

As much as I would like to be a fabulous DIY'er (do-it-yourself), I knew I did not have the tools, time or money needed for such an epic project, or did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment