Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coming Together



So things are coming together rather nicely. The Fortune Cookie is on the last stages of exterior construction. It will soon be moving to interior construction, I am so excited (when I say excited, I mean that I find it likely that most everyone who knows me will be tired of this topic quite shortly)!

I started this journey with the intent to be on the road full-time, however, after purchasing the bus Kim decided that this was not the route she wanted to take. She is in the process of selling her bus, fondly referred to as Moby. In the interim, it is a neat guest house.

I contemplated purchasing another tow vehicle, but fuel and maintenance costs also impacted my decision to road trip full-time. Not to mention, it is a bit counterproductive to try to reduce a carbon footprint by owning a tiny home and traveling on the road full-time.

So this begs the question, where am I going to park this beautiful tiny house?! An envious me has been lamenting that it appears that every other tiny home owner seems to know where they are going to land their home.

I went on an epic search for somewhere and a situation to call home. I searched long-term RV lots, spoke with friends and family, contemplated purchasing property, WWOOFing, Boondocking or sticking with my original plan of being a "Rubber Tramp" (a term I learned from Into the Wild).

After a few months of pondering at great length, I came to the conclusion that I want somewhere stable I can keep as homebase, while I go Vagabonding. Round the World (RTW) travel has always appealed to me, and after a lot of soul searching, I realized this was the most logical conclusion to my dilemma.

So I followed up with a friend of mine and found a place the Fortune Cookie, myself and my dogs can call home. With the construction of my tiny home reaching the end, this is a huge relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment