Sunday, June 12, 2011

All About The Details

After meeting with Dee, I wanted to meet other tiny house owners. I found another relatively local tiny home builder, Mark. Mark agreed to meet with me to see his tiny house. He had deviated from the original Tumbleweed plan with his home. He built his tiny home for his mother, who had suffered when Hurricane Katrina hit.

He wanted his home to have a foundation. City ordinances made this increasingly difficult. He hired an architect, who assisted with city approved plans. When speaking with him, he answered a lot of questions. He was rather diplomatic about his frustrations regarding the process. The home turned out beautifully and gave me some more ideas.

I was not completely satisfied. I adore the Tumbleweed homes, but knew they were a bit more than I could afford and were not exactly what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment