Friday, June 10, 2011

Seeds of Change

I have been lucky with my roommates. Many of the people that rolled through my house were friends. One of the most influential and inspirational of these was a couple, we'll call them Aaron and Sarah.

A & S are very planet conscious, green-minded folks. They avoid eating packaged foods, shop at the co-op, went shopping with their own containers, the list goes on. They introduced me to such material as No Impact Man. They also were the first people I had personally seen take being green to a level that was proactive, not just reactive.

Due to that inspiration I started implementing changes in my own life. I started buying local and organic, going to Farmer's Markets, I subscribed to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), I began researching ways to use natural items for cleaning. (Michael DeJong has a great book series I recommend highly The Humble Art of Zen-Cleansing)

These type of changes have a way of changing the way you look at things. I found myself then wondering what else I could do, while keeping up the status quo of a house and a corporate job.

No comments:

Post a Comment