Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Idea Realized, Part Two

So I sat on this idea for quite some time. Pondered it, chewed it, dreamed about it and discussed it with people who humored my 'wacky' ideas. It was about this time I met some friends at an SCA event called Estrella War. I met some modern day gypsies.

One couple, I will call them Drew and Lisa, were a couple of crepe and coffee slinging vagabonds that hit the SCA and Renaissance Faire circuits throughout the United States during the Spring and Summer. They had a crew that traveled with them a portion of the time and went by truck and trailer.

The other couple, I will call them Chase and Adelle, were multi-talented people making breathtaking jewelry and hitting the circuit much like Drew and Lisa. These two delightful people towed a Castle behind their large truck. Yes, a castle. Chase had constructed it himself.

I have always wanted to travel. Be it road trip, vagabond overseas, stereotypically backpack through Europe, teach English in China, I really did not care. I just wanted to travel. Now, this gypsy lifestyle really appealed to me. Road tripping constantly, I could totally do that! Quit my corporate job and go. Yes please!

Around Valentine's Day every year, I travel for a few weeks. For a number of years in a row, my boyfriend (now former) and I would road trip to Arizona and back to go to Estrella War. We would hit Las Vegas, and a number of other stops. Every year, I would almost be in tears the whole way home. I just was not ready to go back to reality yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment